Full Time Graphic Designer
We are seeking a well qualified individual with experience in magazine and layout design who has a passion for skiing, climbing and the outdoors. This position reports directly to the art director, and will collaborate with the art director and editorial staff to layout Backcountry and Alpinist magazines, promotional materials, online content & layout, and must be well versed in all aspects of typography, layout, design, and magazine production.
This job is on-site in our offices in Jeffersonville, Vt.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has an exceptional portfolio with 5+ years experience in print, layout and, ideally, magazine design.
- Is able to create designs from a deep understanding of print production and magazine layout.
- Has great communication skills and ability to articulate the rationale behind design decisions.
- Is proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, with a strong emphasis on Indesign and Photoshop.
- Is versed in Lightroom, photo organization and management, font management, Mac OS X environment.
- Is highly organized, with experience in Word, Excel, managing multiple emails and collaborating in Google Docs.
- Is a team player who enjoys collaborating with editors, photographers, writers, skiers, climbers and other team members.
- Possesses attention to detail, color and has an eye for design and photography.
- Is able to flourish in a fast-paced environment, and has the willingness to work over and above the 40-hour week during deadlines.
- Loves the outdoors and the content of our magazines.
- A knowledge of outdoor and studio photography is a plus.
- Enjoys the company of animals. Humans outnumber dogs at the office, but barely….
How to Apply:
E-mail mlorenz[at]holpublications[dot]com with subject line “Graphic Designer.” Please include a resume and samples of your work. Please tell us about why you would be a good fit and your salary expectations.