Digital Editor – Height of Land Publications
Height of Land, publisher of Alpinist and Backcountry Magazines, is currently seeking a digital editor for Alpinist.com and BackcountryMagazine.com. Likely candidates will be deadline-oriented and very well organized with strong writing skills and a passion for climbing and backcountry skiing or snowboarding.
The Digital Editor reports to and works closely with the editorial staffs of each publication and will work daily on tasks that include:
- Writing for Alpinist.com and BackcountryMagazine.com.
- Building and posting articles and newsletters for each website.
- Contributing to creative output and long-term content planning for each website.
- Promoting Alpinist and Backcountry brands and print products through respective digital platforms.
- Interacting with Alpinist and Backcountry audiences through social media.
- Assisting in print-related projects as necessary, including but not limited to writing, researching, proofing, copyediting and fact checking.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field with 1+ years editorial experience.
- Knowledge of and interest in backcountry skiing/snowboarding and climbing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work daily within a creative team.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent time management and a commitment to quality.
- Proficiency in: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver (or similar), WordPress, Google Analytics and all social media platforms.
This entry-level position is based in our Jeffersonville, Vt. office.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume and writing samples and salary requirements to gwen[at]alpinist[dot]com.